About the role
NNC are seeking an experienced and passionate physical activity professional who will manage the exciting new Active Families programme for North Northamptonshire.
This programme will identify community needs and provide opportunities for families to take part in movement, physical activity and informal sport on their doorstep, that is affordable and makes use of community centres, sports facilities and parks/open spaces. The programme will reduce barriers to taking part in physical activity and help families to ‘make positive lifestyle changes’.
Working with a variety of key partners, the Active Families Manager will be responsible for overseeing the coordination and delivery of the Active Families programme for North Northamptonshire, to improve the health and wellbeing and encourage families to more move and to be more active.
What will you be doing?
The post-holder will manage a small team of sports workers that will work across North Northants as well other sessional coaches, instructors and volunteers. The delivery programme will include a variety of movement, exercise and sport sessions for families and annual large Active Families Funday events. The Active Families programme has set targets and outcomes developed with the funder Public Health, and the post holder will need to ensure that the programme meets these targets and that all sessions comply with Health and Safety regulations and Safeguarding policies and procedures. The manager will also be required to oversee the programme’s budget and complete regular monitoring and evaluation updates for the funder and other partners.
A successful track record of managing physical activity programmes is essential along with the experience of managing a small team, working with different communities and the ability to produce and present high standard project monitoring reports to both internal and external partners.
The post holder must possess excellent communication, planning and problem-solving skills, be flexible, positive and enthusiastic in their approach to tasks and be a team player.
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.