About the role
North Northamptonshire Council are seeking to recruit a Band 5 Occupational Therapist. We are looking for someone with the right values and positive attitude to work within the therapy team.
Are you passionate about Occupational Therapy? Do you like helping people? Would you like to support people in our community?
We are looking to recruit an Occupational therapist to join our vibrant, driven and hardworking team.
Are you a band 5 looking for a new challenge? Or a graduate looking for your first full time role?
What will you be doing?
Overall Purpose of Job
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated band 5 Occupational Therapy to join our North Northamptonshire Therapy Team. The role will be working across our Specialist moving and handling team and community Therapy team giving the successful candidate the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge within major and minor adaptations and complex moving and handling.
The applicant will be based in the North of the County and will work with people primarily with Physical disabilities. This is a great opportunity for a newly qualified Band 5 to gain valuable community experience with the opportunity for development and support from wider team
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC Registration.
- Evidence of ongoing Continuing Professional Development – CPD Portfolio.
- This post will require satisfactory DBS clearance.
- Computer skills-the ability to use all Microsoft products to a high standard.
- Car driver with a full drivers licence, access to a vehicle or suitable transport during working hours.
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.