About the role
Do you want be part of a team that inspires change and has the interests of the community at its heart? Working out and about at our community centres and pavilions, assisting our customers to have the best experience when they use our facilities, you will be the customer facing role to meet and greet hirers and ensure they have the best experience in the cleanest and tidiest location.
Who we are:
Here at North Northamptonshire Council, we provide a wide range of services to its residents and the growing number of businesses based locally. As a Council, we are passionate about providing high quality services to our communities, residents, and businesses. This means we need to employ and retain the most talented and dedicated people. As a new unitary authority, we are excited with the opportunity we have in building the Council of the future with our local communities. The Council is creating a “one team” culture which will be central to our future approach and will build the solid foundations needed to drive future service improvement.
What will you be doing?
The Site Assistant team provides a service that allows hirers to use our facilities. Opening and closing sites, as well as cleaning to a high standard and maintaining good health and safety standards.
You will be the face of North Northamptonshire Council for those people using our facilities and you will be providing excellent customer service at all times.
We are looking to recruit an individual who can be flexible with their working hours, as our community centres are open Monday to Sunday between 9am – 10pm. You must be able to travel between sites. With excellent customer service skills, you will be enthusiastic in your role and willing to help our customers where needed. This is a role which will require you to work with community groups and organisations, as well as teams across the directorate who hire our facilities.
- a competitive rate of pay
- great opportunities in a large unitary council - many of our casual workers decide to apply for permanent positions
- statutory leave entitlement
- lots of opportunities to work in the public sector to make a difference
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.