About the role
We’re seeking to recruit some great new Community Support Workers; people with the right values and positive attitude to work within the Specialist Support for Younger Adults team – could this be you?
- Our customers are aged between 18-65 and have a range of physical and learning needs.
- We support them with personal care, manual handling, medication, food and drink, finances and shopping.
- Starting rate of pay £11.18 progressing to £11.39 per hour.
- A pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- Opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge, and potential in a large unitary council
- Generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- Enhanced rates on Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Enhanced overtime pay such as time and a half Mon-Sat and double time on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- Business mileage paid at 45p per mile.
What will you be doing?
Supporting customers with tasks such as personal care, manual handling, medication, food and drink, finances and shopping.
Emotionally and practically support customers to help them maintain independent living according to their care plans e.g. managing their medication accurately.
Assist customers to undertake practical tasks to help maintain their physical wellbeing or improve their living conditions.
Promote independence through the provision of information to customers and through liaison with carers, internal and external agencies to help customers utilise resources in the local community.
Act as a key worker for designated customers and in consultation with other stakeholders to ensure customers are supported by the benefits they are entitled to.
Assist senior officers with ongoing assessments and provide information to update customer care plans
Ensure reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and customers and comply with company policy and procedures.
and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications to get started – we are happy to support you and provide full training to fulfil the job role!
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be covered by the employer.
You must have a genuine interest to work within social care.
You should have the ability to provide excellent care and support to all our customers.
You should treat others with dignity and respect.
You will be flexible and compassionate
You are able to work well alone and in a team environment.
The service runs 365 days a year, so flexibility to work bank holidays and weekends is required.
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.