About the role
Fixed Term Contract to the end of June 2024
Hours: 37 hours per week, between 9am-5pm Mon to Fri - One early finish per week
27 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
Location: Haylock House, Kettering. Free parking
Interviews to take place on the Thursday 23rd November 2023
Deliver excellent customer service to every resident
Take responsibility for providing resolutions
- Customer Focused
Working for North Northants Council: Our staff are our most valued assets. Our focus is on delivering critical services to our residents and driving excellent standards. By joining North Northants Council, you'll gain skills working in a fast-paced environment, while delivering the outstanding experiences expected from our residents.
As your experience grows, you can take on more responsibility within your team. You’ll have regular team meetings and be part of an inclusive One Team Culture. You’ll have regular catch ups with your manager where we’ll track your progression within our job family.
Let's talk benefits
Car lease & cycle to work scheme
Employee discounts with a wide range of retailers
Occupational maternity/paternity pay
Employee Assistance Programme
Long service awards
What will you be doing?
What will I do as a Customer Service Advisor?
The overall purpose of the Customer Service Centre is to maximise resolution of enquiries and information requests from customers at first point of contact.
With the objectives of:
- seeking to resolve as many queries as possible (up to 80%) at the first point of contact
- maximising customer satisfaction
- minimising the need for repeat calls from customers chasing resolution/action
Specifically, the Customer Service Adviser will be the first point of contact for all of the Council’s external customers, with enquiries/issues related to one of the following service areas:
Customer Service Advisers will handle the following types of queries/issues (dependent on the service area that they support):
- Waste & Public Protection
- Births, Deaths & Marriages
- General Enquiries & Reception
- Councillor Enquiries
- Cultural Services
- Children, Young People & Family Services
- Adult Services
- Schools & Education Services
- Schools & Community Transport
- Highways & Planning
What does it take to become a Customer Service Advisor?
It doesn’t matter if you haven’t worked in a contact centre environment before, we offer a bespoke induction and comprehensive training programme. We do ask for the following:
English qualification GCSE Grade 1 (C) or equivalent
Customer Service experience (An advantage)
Confident in ICT
Confident on the phone able to maintain a calm tone and manner
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.