About the role
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Can you make a difference for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disability?
The Education Health and Care Team (EHC) are looking to recruit two EHC Caseworkers to work with, and on behalf of children, young people and their families in North Northamptonshire, working closely with relevant professionals, through statutory SEND processes.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to make a real difference to young people and families in North Northants we look forward to receiving your application.
Candidates who are shortlisted for interview will be required to attend an interview and complete a short task.
This position will be a hybrid of office and remote working with the expectation that at least one day will be worked in the office at Tithe Barn Road, Wellingborough.
For informal enquiries, please contact Janice Robinson on 07786701563 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting will take place on 4 December 2023
Interviews will take place on week commencing 11 December 2023.
What will you be doing?
The Caseworker role focuses on generating outstanding and effective Education Health and Care Plans to support children and young people with their education and preparing for adulthood
This is a diverse and engaging role with Caseworkers carrying responsibility for progressing individual cases in partnership with lead professionals and other agencies. Duties may include:
- Coordinating the collection of the assessments required to support SEND processes for new requests for assessment and Annual Reviews and producing high quality EHCP’s. You will be responsible for writing and amending EHC Plans.
- Liaising with a variety of services, agencies and providers to gather information in order to support the family to make well-informed choices, including parent support services.
Please refer to the attached Job description for full details of job responsibilities
Successful applicants will have experience of working with families, children and young people in a professional capacity and will need to evidence that they have worked as an effective team member, and have the skills to empathise, mediate and support families with complex processes. You will need to be able to interpret professional advice and complete the written documentation to a high standard.
Please refer to the attached person specification for full details of the essential and desirable qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities required for this role.
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.