About the role
‘New Year, New You!’
- Are you interested in being part of a team that plays a vital role in elections and referendums?
- Do you thrive in a busy and challenging environment?
- Do you have an appreciation of politics and engaging with people?
- If the answer is yes, then this is the opportunity for you.
This is an exciting time for the Electoral Services team at North Northamptonshire Council, we have recently undergone a transformation and are investing in growing our service. We are looking for multiple people to join our team and support in delivering comprehensive, accessible, effective and modern electoral registration and elections services.
Elections are a great opportunity to work as part of a team and take a sense of pride in supporting democracy.
Now is one of the most exciting times to join us.
Interviews will be held on the 5th January 2024.
What will you be doing?
The successful candidate will:
- Working 18.5 hours per week
- Provide a full range of administrative and technical support within the Electoral Services team with particular focus on promoting and encouraging participation in the democratic process.
- Work with Electoral Services Visiting Officers in improving voter awareness of the importance and relevance of local democracy with the aim of boosting the number of registered electors and improving voter turnout.
Please refer to the attached job description for full details of the role.
- Be educated to degree level standard or equivalent experience
- Membership of the Association of Electoral Administration or willingness to become a member
- Experience of working with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds within the community
- Experience of working as part of a team to deliver successful events/projects
- Experience of working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships
Please refer to the attached person specification for full details of Essential and Desirable skills, qualifications and experience required for this role.
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.