About the role
North Northamptonshire Adult Social Care is seeking to recruit a Financial Assessments Officer to join the Financial Assessments Team.
You will be working at the forefront of best practice, playing a key role in delivering the Financial Assessments service for Council’s vulnerable adult customers.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivated individual and relish challenges to continually improve the way we work through the best use of our shared services systems, processes, and people.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on your progress, providing in depth management information when requested and strive to meet set targets
You will be required to actively participate in meetings and discussions in respect of service developments and improvements. We embrace new ideas and are always looking at how we can improve our service to maximise its full potential.
To be successful you will need:
- to be self-motivating with a track record of being able to plan and prioritise your own workload.
- to be able to work effectively within a team and on your own.
- to be able to effectively travel across North Northamptonshire.
- to have the ability to be flexible in your approach in supporting vulnerable adults and their carers to ensure accurate information is captured.
In exchange for your expertise, experience, and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development. in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits, we will provide you with competitive annual leave and access to an excellent pension scheme.
- a competitive rate of pay
- great opportunities in a large unitary council - many of our casual workers decide to apply for permanent positions
- statutory leave entitlement
- lots of opportunities to work in the public sector to make a difference
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.