About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our Grounds Maintenance Team working across North Northants. This outgoing team provides a varied grounds maintenance service for the council throughout the year which includes grass cutting, shrub bed maintenance, hedge cutting, formal planting maintenance, soft landscaping, cemetery maintenance, burials and other associated horticultural tasks.
What will you be doing?
You will be undertaking general maintenance of the grounds and surroundings of the urban areas of Kettering and Corby and Wellingborough including leaf blowing, hedge cutting, weeding, formal lawn care and plant border maintenance.
Litter picking and servicing park bins, assisting with grave digging and back filling alongside general grounds maintenance is required.
This is an entry level position which would suit applicants with some previous experience of grounds maintenance provision and use of pedestrian equipment.
A full UK driving licence is required as you will be expected to use council vehicles.
Previous applicants need not apply
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.