About the role
As a Planning Officer, your main role is to offer expert advice on all things related to Development Management. This includes giving appropriate pre-application guidance and ensuring the effective and efficient handling of minor planning applications, as well as various other planning requests and approvals.
What will you be doing?
Your day to day will be varied and busy; you’ll be responsible for making a proactive and positive contribution to the Planning Service's effective delivery, with an emphasis on providing excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders. There will be some data entry and ensuring compliance with performance indicators and best practices. Site visits, meetings, and process improvements are all included.
You’ll have the ability to manage conflicting priorities within a pressurised environment and be motivated to enable NNC to achieve the best for our residents
We're looking for a motivated Planning Officer who thrives on delivering exceptional service and contributing positively to our Planning Service team. Being a proactive team player is essential, as you'll collaborate with various departments, support major projects, and contribute to the formulation of policy planning.
The ideal candidate for this role is a dedicated and knowledgeable Planning Officer who is customer-focused, team-oriented, and committed to driving excellence in our Planning Service.
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.