About the role
This role is for internal NNC job applicants only
North Northamptonshire Council is seeking a highly motivated and capable Principal Executive Assistant to lead the corporate executive support team.
The Principal Executive Assistant with lead the provision of executive support services to the Leader of the Council, Chief Executive, the Corporate Leadership Team and Assistant Directors.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of providing executive support at a senior level within a large, complex organisation. They will be able to work under pressure and demonstrate a resilient, can-do attitude to work.
What will you be doing?
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a highly effective and proactive senior executive support service to the Leader and Chief Executive of the Council. They will also lead the Executive Support Team in providing efficient, effective and pro-active services to the Corporate Leadership Team and Assistant Directors.
The principal responsibilities for the role are:
1. Provide executive support to the Leader and Chief Executive
2. Lead and manage the Executive Support Team
3. Manage the recruitment and development of the team
4. Manage the operational budget for the service
The ability to work under pressure whilst displaying a resilient and can-do approach will be essential. The successful candidate will need to be able to take on board feedback and constructive criticism, and actively learn from situations which may at times be unfamiliar.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of providing executive support at a senior level within a large, complex organisation. You will need to be an excellent communicator, with attention to detail and an eye for accuracy.
Detailed knowledge of the complexities of providing executive support in both political and professional environments will be essential.
A Level 3 qualification in a business administration will also be required, or equivalent demonstrable experience.
The successful candidate will need to be able to build strong working relationships with others both inside and outside of the organisation. Remaining discreet and maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality will be critical.
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.