About the role
THIS VACANCY IS FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Overall Job Purpose:
To provide admin support to the Operations Team with a particular focus Energy, raising PO's, good receipting and dealing with utilities queries from staff at NNC and then escalating them to the companies contracted to supply electricity, gas and water.
What will you be doing?
Operations (formerly FM) are part of Assets & Environment based in the Cube
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
(This list contains the main duties and responsibilities of the post holder but it is not an exhaustive list)
- Provide admin support to the Operations team
- Help maintain energy and utilities records
- Identify queries and liaise with suppliers to find a resolution.
- Operate the FMS (Financial Management System) computerised accounts package to place orders, receive goods and process invoices including Utilities.
- Where instructed to by the FM team, arrange quotations.
- Maintain an accurate, orderly and up to date electronic and hard copy filing system including the creation of new files and archiving of old.
- Deal with incoming correspondence
- Answering the telephone and general enquiries..
- Any other allied duties commensurate with the grade.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety of themselves and all others affected by their work is a priority and H&S procedures and policies are strictly followed and adhered to.
We are looking for a candidate who enjoys a challenge and working in a fast paced environment. No two days are the same in Operations as the service we proivde is reactive. This role will concentrate on utilities admin and being the point of contact between staff raising queries and energy suppliers to resolve them,
Skill, Knowledge, Experience
1) Good educational background to at least GCSE level or NVQ2 or equivalent
2) Experience of raising PO's from requisition to Goods Receipt on ERP
3) Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate at all levels
4) An intermediate level of Microsoft Office
5) Good organisational skills with ability to manage a large and varied work load, keeping to deadlines
6) Highly motivated with ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
7) Ability to work as member of a team
8) Customer focussed, demonstrating sound customer care skills
9) Ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure
10) Ability to remain strictly confidential at all times.
11) Demonstrate an awareness of Equality & Diversity
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.