About the role
Full time post (37 hours per week) in our Community Wellingborough Hub
Are you a qualified Social Worker, who thrives on being at the forefront of innovative practice and new ways of working?
Do you have a passion and commitment to work alongside individuals to enable them to live their best life possible?
Do you want to be part of a developing dynamic and creative culture, which seeks to connect individuals and their communities, by asking the right questions at the right time, to support people to find the right solutions?
North Northamptonshire Council Adult Social Care has been on an exciting journey of transformation throughout its first year, following Northamptonshire County Council forming two brand new unitary authorities in April 2021 – West Northamptonshire Council, and North Northamptonshire Council. This has given us the opportunity to really look at how we provide adult social care on a more localised level, leading to lots of exciting innovations and a new model of working which puts people and their communities firmly at the heart of what we do.
We use a strengths based, outcomes focussed approach, and utilise the 3 conversations model. This means engaging people in a conversational model which allows them to tell us what is important and really matters to them, and then taking timely action to support them to connect with resources that help them continue with their chosen life.
We know that our staff are key to our success, and we are seeking people with ambition, creativity, and commitment to our values to help us to achieve the best possible outcomes for our customers.
Do your skills set and values match our ambitions?
• You are a qualified Social Worker, registered with Social Work England.
• You are proactive and have the ability to think creatively.
• You exercise professional curiosity rather than accept things at face value or make decisions based on assumptions.
• You demonstrate problem solving abilities, working alongside people to enable them to find their own solutions.
• You are a great team player, willing to share knowledge and expertise with colleagues in your team.
• You love a challenge and have an openness to learn and change.
• You put your ability to analyse and take action in challenging situations to good use and are able to evidence positive risk taking skills – knowing how to balance individual rights against risks.
• You have a real commitment to identifying and promoting people’s strengths, hopes and aspirations.
• You have a passion for connecting and working in partnership with people and their situation.
• You are willing and able to work collaboratively with a wide range of partners, including community groups and the voluntary sector as well as colleagues in health and other sectors.
• You understand the legislative frameworks which govern the work we do as adult social care workers
For further information about this vacancy, please contact:
Meriel White on 07753442060
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.