About the role
Full Time Social Work Vacancy - Inclusion Wellingborough and East Northants Team
Are you a qualified social worker who thrives on being at the forefront of innovative practice and new ways of working?
Do you have a passion and commitment to work alongside people to enable them to live their best life possible?
Do you want to be part of a developing dynamic and creative culture, which seeks to connect individuals and their communities, by asking the right questions at the right time, to support people to find the right solutions?
North Northamptonshire Council has given us the opportunity to really look at how we provide adult social care on a more localised level, leading to lots of exciting innovations and a new model of working which puts people and their communities firmly at the heart of what we do.
We use a strengths based outcomes focussed approach, and utilise the 3 conversations model. This means engaging people in a conversational model which allows them to tell us what is important and really matters to them, and then taking timely action to support them to connect with resources that help them continue with their chosen life – either with support or independently.
We know that our staff are key to our success, and we are seeking people with ambition, creativity and commitment to our values to help us to achieve the best possible outcomes for our customers.
……… Do your skills set and values match our ambitions?
• You are a qualified Social Worker, registered with Social Work England. We welcome applications from both experienced and newly qualified social workers
• You are proactive, and have the ability to think creatively
• You exercise professional curiosity rather than accept things at face value or make decisions based on assumptions
• You demonstrate problem solving abilities, working alongside people to enable them to find their own solutions
• You have a real commitment to identifying and promoting people’s strengths, hopes and aspirations
• You have a passion for connecting and working in partnership with people and their situation.
• You are willing and able to work collaboratively with a wide range of partners, including community groups and the voluntary sector
• You understand the legislative frameworks which govern the work we do as adult social care workers
Wellingborough & East Northants Inclusion Team
The Inclusion team provides progression support for working age adults who have longer term support requirements. The emphasis is on promoting the person’s strengths, maximising independence and opportunities to achieve their identified outcomes. We are geographically located to provide a community based focus with hubs in Wellingborough and East Northants (Thrapston). You will work with people with Acquired Brain Injury, Physical disability, Mental health needs and Autism (ASD). Our team has a rich experience and knowledge base providing a great opportunity to learn and grow.
You will be able to travel between locations.
Adult Social Care is committed to ensuring we reward experience within our Social Care Workforce. Any registered Social Worker who has successfully completed their Assessed and Supported Year of Employment (ASYE), or has more than 5 years’ experience (if qualified prior to the ASYE coming in), will be awarded an extra £2000 (pro rata) Market Forces Supplement on top of their base salary. This is to reward the unique experience and knowledge you bring.
Our commitment to rewarding experience is also extended to those who undertake their ASYE with us. Upon successfully completing your assessed year you will be eligible for this supplement.
In addition to this, North Northants Adult Social Care also offers enhanced rates of pay for those who undertake additional duties on top of their day-day Social Work role.
For those who become Practice Educators, Approved Mental Health Professionals, or Best Interest Assessors (in addition to their Social Work role), and meet the base qualifying criteria, we offer a further £2000 (Pro Rata).
This means there is the potential to earn an extra £4,000 on top of your base salary.
If you are interested in knowing more or would like an informal chat about the role, please do get in touch. For further information, please contact Jo Roberts on 078255 21977.
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.