About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Safeguarding Provider Team. The role is for a full time Social Worker to join a well established team comprising of Principal Social Workers/Care Managers, Social Workers, Senior Assessment and Enablement Workers and a Business Support Team who put individuals and risk assessing at the centre of their practice.
As a Social Worker you would be directly supervised by one of the team's Principal Social Workers and would be support to continue further development.
What will you be doing?
You will be working in line with key legislation such as the Care Act 2014 and frameworks such as NSAB Decision Making Framework Tool. You will be expected to work with internal and external partners in order to gather information and assess ongoing risk.
The role uses a person-centred approach which includes getting the voice of the person, listening and adopting professional curiosity to your practice.
The Safeguarding Provider Team receive referrals from the general public, other professionals, the individuals themselves and/or their representatives. The concerns we receive are solely when the source of risk has been identified as a service or organisation. This is initially screened by our duty workers (which you would be a part of) making initial enquiries in order to establish whether Section 42 enquiry is required or not. Completing Section's 42 and carrying out visits is also a task that you would undertake (under supervision).
You will need to have:
- Experience of working with individuals
- Knowledge of the Care Act 2014
- Communication and IT skills
- Ability to prioritise and risk assess
- Ability to work to deadlines
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.