About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual who will be responsible for coordinating and developing the wellbeing walks programme across North Northamptonshire.
The Wellbeing Walks Officer will be responsible for overseeing the existing wellbeing walks, the development of new wellbeing walks, the delivery of the walk leaders training and an exciting new programme of interactive walks at various sites across North Northamptonshire.
What will you be doing?
The post holder will support and work with the existing network of 100+ volunteer walk leaders across North Northamptonshire, to develop the walks programme and start up new wellbeing walks. Part of the role will also include undertaking a walk leader ‘train the trainers’ course to be able to deliver the North Northamptonshire programme of regular training for new identified walk leaders. Ensuring that risk assessments and safety checks on walks are completed is also a requirement of the post holder.
The development of interactive walks will also be part of this role’s responsibilities, including identifying appropriate sites across North Northamptonshire to install the App based interactive walks programmes and thereafter the management and delivery of the programme.
The Wellbeing Walks Officer will also be required to oversee the programme’s budget and complete regular monitoring and evaluation updates for the funder and other partners.
Knowledge of the walks programme is essential. Applicants must possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills as well as have experience of working with different communities and have a flexible and enthusiastic approach to tasks. Have knowledge of Health and Safety and the ability to deliver training courses and produce and present project monitoring reports to both internal and external partners.
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.