What will you be doing?
Leadership - Support continuous improvement in Housing Property Services Team
People management - Provide effective line management of all team members.
Strategy - Contribute to the ongoing delivery of the Asset Management Strategy (AMS)
Business plan - Support the development of a clear plan to deliver the R&M Team’s contribution to the AMS.
Performance Management (PM) - Plan and monitor performance against service objectives and customer needs and ensure effective budget management.
Processes - Maintain effective procedures and processes to deliver a customer focused service.
Partnerships - Maintain effective partnership-based relationships with all other parts of the R&M Team, the Council (including elected members), and external bodies.
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications
Relevant extensive experience working in the construction sector, preferably working in Local Authority and/or Housing Association
A relevant construction qualification equivalent to HNC or higher, or a construction trade background
Full driving licence
Ability to work in occupied and void properties in rural and town locations.
- a competitive salary
- a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
- opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
- generous leave entitlement (28 days, rising to 33 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
- agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country. Our vision for North Northants is to be 'A place where everyone has the best opportunities and quality of life'.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Our values, as chosen by our staff, are - Customer-focused, Respectful, Efficient, Supportive and Trustworthy.
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.